Naula Design is an effective, Swedish one-man agency which mainly works from Dalarna, Sweden. Let me help you communicate your brand. With 12 years of experience both from working in-house and as a freelancer I offer solutions for most kinds of graphic design and communication assignments. Do not hesitate to contact me for more info, references or consultation.
For as long as I can remember I have always been drawn to the visual. Growing up in a family in Dalarna with a father who worked as an illustrator and designer, for a long time I thought that discussing graphic design at the breakfast table was something everyone did. After freelancing at an early age, I chose, however, to study political science at the University of Uppsala.
After my studies I bounced straight back into the trade, then as a Communication officer at the housing company Uppsalahem. I grew a lot being in charge of the company’s printed matter, graphic designer, writer and editor of web and social media. But what I’m probably most proud of is my work as a project manager for Uppsalahem’s annual report (winner of the Swedish Design Prize and nominated for the Swedish Publishing Prize) as well as my participation in the development of a new brand platform and visual identity (nominated for the Swedish Design Prize).
During my time at Uppsalahem I understood that I need to work with something visual, something that expresses something and something that speaks to a receiver. That’s where my commitment is, and that is what I constantly want to develop.
So after four years as a Communication officer, I traveled to Barcelona in 2012 to develop my creativity further. Suddenly the political science-piece fell into place, when I through artistic creations could combine the graphic with my interest in social issues.
Since then I have participated in a dozen exhibitions, further developed my conceptual thinking, started up my own agency, married my wonderful Spanish woman, bought a red cottage in Djura in Dalarn, had a son and simply realized that this is what I want to do.
Annual report, Uppsalahem
Role: Project manager
Award: The Swedish Design Prize 2013
Nomination: The Swedish Publishing Prize 2013
Brand platform/visual identity, Uppsalahem
Role: Assistant project manager
Nomination: The Swedish Design Prize 2012
WORK, IN SHORT
2012 – ongoing
Freelancing graphic designer and visual artist
2008 – 2012
Communication Officer, Uppsalahem
Freelancing graphic designer
- 2019: Video editing in After Effects, Jönköping University
- 2014–2015: La Escocesa, 6 months art residency, Barcelona
- 2014: Metáfora International Workshop, 1 year studio arts course, Barcelona
- 2013: Estudio Nómada, 4 months art course, Barcelona
- 2011: Kommunutbildning, Meeting the press, course in handling the media
- 2011: Berghs School of Communications, course in graphic communication
- 2010: Berghs School of Communications, course in video production
- 2008: Political economy, University of Uppsala, Sweden
- 2008: Journalism, University of Karlstad, Sweden
- 2006–2007: Political science, University of Uppsala, Sweden